Thursday, May 31, 2012

Somewhat obvious unsolicited advice



Ya know what ticks me off... people with no patience. In particular, parents with no patience!

I want to change those people.
I will ALWAYS want my child(ren) to have a happy childhood, not because it was perfect, but because Mom was happy.(Dad too)

In order for people to change, they need to know what causes this irritableness; this need to rush through life. Haven't you ever heard of  the saying "Stop & spell the roses???"

I think this is kind of obvious advice, but it's certainly worth saying after noticing how parents forget what life is all about..'ahem' heres a hint, YOUR CHILDREN!

I think its time we all make the efforf to be different. Stop to think about what you say before you say it. Stop to look around you and acutally see the people and step into their shoes. Stop to look at your child crying beside you and feel their pain and realize they need you. Stop to hear your spouse compliment you, stop to hear a bird chirp, or even a rain drop hit the ground. 
Stop...that is the message, Stop.
Be patient. There is nothing worth rushing in life. Every moment is so raw and precious. Each day should not be taken for granted. Each moment is a blessing. Yes, parenting is a true test of your patience, but your child no matter their age, they need you.


"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2).


Love,
Jayme

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder Jayme. Frustration is easy when things aren't going how we think they should go. It happens all the time that I have a plan laid out in my mind and someone (many times my kids) has a need that changes my plans. It is a good reminder to just stop and think about what is important....is it the project that I'm working on or is the the children God has blessed me with!!! Psalm 46:10

    ReplyDelete