Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Meme - you should join in!


NYC Rockefeller- Someday my family will visit here! Sipping Warm drinks, Holding hands ice skating, & making a beautiful memory!

 

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, but I don't think I've had it in years! I choose peppermint Mocha's, pumpkin spice or gingerbread lattes during the Holidays!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He NEVER just sits them under the tree! However, this is our first year with Avery & a chance to create our own traditions in this house! I'm super excited about this; even if she has no idea what's going on, she may just have a gift or two to open from Santa under the tree!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like White or Christmas Blue, but I have a feeling Avery will get a kick out of all the colors more!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but it just might be a new tradition this year! We could use anything to bring a little fun into the house (;

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally the week of Thanksgiving! If I did it any earlier Bryce wouldn't help carry the boxes in!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Shrimp Cocktail! Not so Christmasy, but I seriously look forward to Christmas Eve every year because someone always brings a huge bowl of these! Yum!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My dads side of the family gets together every single Christmas Eve & of  course a Santa comes! All the children sit on his lap, loads of pictures taken & every one sings carols with Santa! A lifetime of memories & I'm so anxious to start this up with little A!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When my brother decided he couldn't be the only one who knew he wasn't real! He said "Mom & Dad aren't running back into the house because they forgot something, there putting the presents under the tree so when we get back from up north we think Santa came!!!" Good job  mom & dad, you had be fooled!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Many! My dads side of the family opens all their gifts on the Eve of Christmas, a tradition I don't think they will ever change!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My brother gave me his tree when he moved out of state. I'm slowly starting to get decorations! We receive a few ornaments from family members each year!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow! Until the middle of January...then I'm so over the dirty mess it leaves on all the roads & parking lots! I don't think I will ever appreciate its beauty until we take a trip out West!

12. Can you ice skate? I used to be able too & I'm pretty athletic, So I think I still could! It was always much easier for me than roller blading!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't pinpoint it down to one! That must mean I've enjoyed a lot of them! I get excited over the small stuff! New undies, perfume & stockings are always my favorites!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family & Food!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Carmelitas, My grandmother Kurek makes the best ones!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Santa coming to visit on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I prefer to give, but I haven't had the money for much of it since I started college. I also like receiving from my Fiance, because he has to think so hard what to get me & its usually my favorite gift of the year!

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I love all kinds of them! Maybe it's because they aren't around long enough to get sick of them!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Movies okay?! Home Alone- All of them!

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Silent Night

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Love, Love, Love Amy Grant- Breath of Heaven


Love,
Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment