Friday, November 4, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

Call me crazy, but November has always been one of my least favorite months...I used to dread the cold weather that was vastly approaching us Michiganders; that thanksgiving was coming & I hated turkey (especially cold leftover sandwiches that my family lived on for the following week); I despised the long & late holiday hours at all the dead end part time jobs I had; & that Christmas was coming & I had no money to spend on giving gifts. 

This has changed for me in the past few years. I'm not sure what it is about November, but GOD am I thankful for it. It's really the last month that I can get away with not wearing a winter jacket. Now that I have a baby that has to be bundled up, I really appreciate the last few days that we get in the 60s and nights where I can walk out of the house in a sweatshirt. I realize now how wonderful Thanksgiving really is, its the only holiday not about gift giving. It's a day where my family can all meet together & enjoy a meal together... regardless of money, selfishness, & guilt. The only holiday where we forget about retail shops & what gift will make whomever happy. The only holiday where one need not to spend a lot of money to be thankful for natures bounty or to give thanks for family and other countless blessings. November, is no longer about working at a dead end job anymore & begging for the night off to be with my family; or cramming up on hours, just so I had enough money to buy my parents a gift for the holidays. November is amazing & I am truly thankful for it. 
I have a few Days of Catching up to do, but this is important to me.

November 1st: I am thankful for my hardworking fiance. He makes it possible to live comfortable & at ease for Avery & I. He is one of the most hardworking, dedicated men I know. He provides for our family & never complains about it. I am thankful for him & I am thankful he is mine. I am thankful everyday that Avery will have him as her Dad.

November 2nd: I am thankful for my home. Although Bryce & I are more than ready to move on from this small box we live in. It has got us so far in the past 4 years. We have learned the meaning of money & how important it is to start small & work your way up in life. We have learned from our home that it is not always about how it looks, but what you make of it. We have never went a day without shelter or cold. I am thankful for that. 

November 3rd: I am thankful for our Friday nights together as a family. Because when Friday night finally gets here, Bryce can unwind with his daughter. I love this. I am thankful for Friday nights because it symbolizes us together as a family & I pray we can keep this going as long as possible. 

November 4th: I am thankful for good health. Bryce, Avery, & myself have started off the cold season in good health & I pray it stays this way.

I am going to post 26 more days of Thankfulness, but I guarantee it does not amount to the loads & loads of thankfulness that explodes from my heart.

Love, 
Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment