Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I had a fresh, newborn baby 13 weeks ago.

I  haven't blogged since I did my 35 week bump update, over 4 months ago. Sad story right there. I miss writing, editing pictures, sharing stories & the blogging community entirely. Lets play catch up shall we; this is me just a few days before I delivered baby #2. 
We welcomed Elliana Jean Funchion on April 23rd 2013. She came fast and 3 weeks early. I predicted the Sunday before that I wouldn't make it through the week and I was certainly right; the stretching pains were out of this world, unlike anything I've ever felt during pregnancy. I do not plan on telling the entire Labor & delivery story here, but my husband was 2 hours away working & I held this girl in just in time for his arrival. Also, natural labor...NO JOKE! Yet, a beautiful experience looking back. She was 7 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long. Pure perfection, just like her big sister!
I had a flawless delivery & healed quickly. Elliana is a rock star when it comes to nursing and has been from the start. She is our little squishy baby and we absolutely love every piece of her, from chubby cheeks to endless neck rolls. Avery adores her little sister and the transition to a family of 4 has went better than expected. I defiantly have more mouths to feed, laundry to fold & more people to please now, but life is pretty darn good in the Funchion household. 
Side note: Shouldn't there be a unspoken rule as to when you can ask a mom if she's going to start trying for another on...She's 3 months old people, NO i'm not ready for another one...YET!



Once again, we are certainly blessed with this beauty!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment