Thursday, August 9, 2012

A little bit country.



Bryce grew up as an avid hunter and I learned about hunting when we started dating almost Seven years ago. I am starting to get more and more into the sport considering we LIVE off venison meat throughout the cold months! The health benefits of venison really make it worth wild, plus it saves us so much money.

Venison houses fewer calories, less fat and more iron than chicken breast, as a lot of fat is removed in the cooking process; therefore you meat lovers won’t have to compromise much with the taste. I have found that there is a gamy flavor if you do not cook the meat properly. I have been experimenting and perfecting my venison cooking for a few years and the key is to season well and marinade often; each season I get better. Venison meat is lean with a deep woody taste, it is rich in various nutrients, including proteins, iron, vitamin B12, B6, riboflavin, and niacin. On the other hand, it is low in saturated fat, making it all the healthier. Here's the real kicker, venison does not have added antibiotics in it. I feel the best nourishing Avery with meats that do not get commercially raised. When the freezer is full, were happy!

We went out Monday to place deer cam's in a new hunting location! This was Avery's first glimpse at one of her daddy's passions. I am even considering getting more involved with hunting. Mainly so Bryce & I have another hobby to spend together in the cold months. I don't think I'll ever be okay with him leaving the house at the butt crack of dawn to hunt all morning if I don't join him myself!

I would love to hear your views on hunting, preparing & cooking venison.
New recipes are always welcome!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment